Amazing cookies! No one believes me when I say they’re vegan 🙂 I’ve made them quite a few times. I use all chocolate chips instead of chunks and consistently use a bake time of 11 minutes. Perfection. I recommend putting it inside the freezer for 40 minutes and then taking it out and then baking it. If you’re a person who does not like sweet things I also suggest cutting down on the sugar.
for 10 servings
- ½ cup sugar(100 g)
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar(165 g), packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup refined coconut oil(120 g), melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk(60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour(185 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate(115 g), chunks
- 4 oz vegan dark chocolate(115 g), chunks
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
- Whisk in non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks evenly.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies and the edges of the pan so cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown.
- Cool completely.