This trifle is both beautiful and it sounds delicious! Elegant and so beautiful Sonal, I love trifle, cake and pudding and whipped cream, it’s just a heavenly combination. An easy Trifle dessert recipe that requires no baking or cooking at home. Just buy ingredients and assemble and serve.
- Cake – 4 thin slices crumbled into small pieces. Use any kind of cake, a sponge preferred. But a pound or marble or chocolate cake is equally good. I used Marble cake in this recipe.
- Milk – 2 tbsp. You may use wine or sherry if you prefer more boozy pudding.
- Chocolate Pudding – 2 small cups market bought or make at home. Check the Chocolate Pudding Link here
- Whipped Cream – 4 tbsp. Use market bought or just whip 1/4 cup heavy cream with 1 tbsp sugar till it makes peaks.
- Strawberries – 4 small sliced or chopped
- Dark Chocolate used for baking – 1/2 small bar, peeled with a peeler or grated fine.
- Arrange all the ingredients to be used in an assemble lie.
- Arrange your pudding or dessert bowls or glasses.
- Add the crumbled pieces of cake uniformly in all the 4 glasses. Press down with a spoon firmly. Add 1/2 tbsp of milk on top evenly to each dessert bowl.
- Now spoon 1/2 the cup of chocolate pudding (market bought), approximately 2 tbsp, on top of the cake layer. Spread evenly.
- Add 1 tbsp of whipped cream on the top.
- Decorate with chopped or sliced straeberries.
- Sprinkle the peeled or shaved chococolate. Serve cold.
If you do not plan to serve the trifle immediately. You can keep the cake and pudding in the glasses ready. When ready to serve, add whipped cream and fruits. You may use any seasonal fruit. You may use custard in place of pudding. You may add nuts to it if you want.