This was so delicious!! I only put a small bit of zest on the top because I didn’t want it to be too tart, and I soaked the cashews in boiling water for 40 minutes instead of overnight. Highly recommend!!
- 1 1/4 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve graham crackers as original recipe is written / GF for gluten-free eaters)*
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) vegan butter (melted // such as Earth Balance)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours or overnight, then drained)
- 3/4 cup light or full-fat coconut milk (well shaken)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3-4 large limes* juiced (3-4 limes yield ~1/2 cup juice)
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup agave nectar (depending on preferred sweetness)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Distribute evenly among muffin tins and press down with a glass or spoon to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend on high (or liquefy) until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest/juice for more tart, or more agave for added sweetness.
- Pour filling into muffin tins and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Top with a bit more lime zest and loosely cover.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving. Will keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, though best when fresh.