These French Silk Pie Bars were the first dessert after nine long weeks. And let me just say that they blew my mind! The classic french silk is made with raw eggs. So you do have to eat these bars at your own risk. But I survived eating them and they were worth every single bite!
- PREP TIME 30 MINUTES
- COOK TIME 10 MINUTES
- REFRIGERATE 3 HOURS
- TOTAL TIME 3 HOURS 40 MINUTES
- 1 sleeve 9 sheets chocolate graham crackers crushed
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 4 ounces weight Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1 cup Salted Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 whole Eggs
- fresh whipped cream for topping and chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil so that you can easily remove and cut the bars. In a medium sized bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the 8×8 inch pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let the crust completely cool.
To make the french silk filling:
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt the unsweetened baking chocolate 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and powdered sugar about 2 minutes until creamy. Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until incorporated. Add the vanilla.
- Using the whisk attachment add one egg at a time beating 5 minutes on medium speed between each addition. You should be beating for a total of 20 minutes.
- Pour over the chocolate graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.