These cherry cheesecake bars are super simple to make and are always a crowd pleaser! The first step in this recipe is to make the crust. You’ll need graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar which get pressed into the bottom of a square pan, then baked until crisp. While the crust is baking, I prepare the filling.
- PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
- COOK TIME 40 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME 55 MINUTES
These cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect make-ahead dessert for any occasion! Creamy cheesecake sits atop a homemade graham cracker crust, and is finished off with a generous helping of cherries.
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- cooking spray
For the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8″x8″ pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter.
- Firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a mixer and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 38-40 minutes or until set and edges are light brown.
- Cool the pan to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Cut the cheesecake into 9 or 12 squares, depending on your preference.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling over each bar.