Succulent stuffed pork chops is your answer to another simple dinner. Seared first to get an irresistible golden crust and finished off in the oven ensures juicy pork chops every time. A delicious spinach dip made with cream cheese, garlic, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and herbs in every mouthful with flavourful pork — they will all be begging you for this one!
How long to cook stuffed pork chops
Sear your stuffed pork chops until golden for about 2-3 minutes each side, then bake them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, OR until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Baked stuffed pork chops need to be cooked until an internal temperature reaches 150°F (or 65°C). The easiest way to read the temperature is to insert a thermometer into the thickest part of a pork chop. As soon as the ideal temp is reached, let chops rest for a good 5 minutes to allow to juices to recirculate back into the meat before serving.
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 6 oz (170 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) block cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200°C).
- Season both sides of each pork chop with the onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Slice a pocket into each chop about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
- To make the dip: squeeze and discard excess liquid out of the spinach. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs and garlic; mix well to combine.
- Fill pork ‘pockets’ with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon; seal with toothpicks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear chops in batches until golden on both sides (about 3 minutes per side) until golden.
- Transfer chops to HOT oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink in the centre. (Internal temperature of 150°F or 65°C with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a pork chop.)
- Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 843mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3590IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 2mg