Traditional sugar-free cookies may be lower in sugar but still made with white flour and would still be high in carbohydrates. Stick with my coconut flour cut out cookies for sugar-free, keto sugar cookies!
How To Make Keto Sugar Cookies With Coconut Flour
These keto chewy sugar cookies can be made in just 2o minutes!
- Make the coconut flour sugar cookie dough. Beat the butter and sweetener until fluffy.
- Beat in remaining ingredients. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and sea salt. Gradually beat in coconut flour.
- Thicken the keto sugar cookies coconut flour dough. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over cookies dough, then beat in. Let the cookie dough sit for a few minutes, which is important to let it thicken.
- Form your cookies. Use a cookie scoop and flatten with your palm, or cut out cookies using cookie cutters.
- Bake your gluten free coconut flour Christmas cookies. Bake cookies until they firm up, but are still soft, about 7-8 minutes.
TIP: The cookies won’t darken much, and will continue to firm up as they cool. Be careful to not over bake them, as coconut flour can dry out easily.
- Make keto cream cheese frosting if you are making keto frosted sugar cookies (highly recommended! ;)). Let cookies cool completely and then frost. Add sprinkles for a festive touch.
How Many Carbs In A Sugar Cookie?
These low carb keto sugar cookies have just 1 gram net carb per cookie! Crazy! The full nutrition stats can be found in the recipe card below.
Coconut Flour Keto Sugar Cookies Recipe
Low carb keto sugar cookies with coconut flour are perfect for any holiday! This 20-minute keto sugar cookie recipe has sugar-free options for sprinkles and frosting, too.
- Course Dessert
- Cuisine American
- Calories 61 kcal
- Prep Time 12 minutes
- Cook Time 8 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 16 servings
- US Customary – Metric
Coconut Flour Sugar Cookies:
- 1/3 cup Butter (softened; or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup Allulose
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum (optional, for softer, sturdier, and less crumbly cookies)
- 2/3 recipe Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tsp Sugar-free sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a deep bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the butter and sweetener, until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Gradually beat in the coconut flour.
- Sprinkle (don’t dump) the xanthan gum over the cookie dough, then beat in. Let the cookie dough sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Baking option 1:
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Flatten with your palm to 1/4 inch thick (they will not spread much during baking), keeping them at least an inch apart.
Baking option 2:
Form the dough into a ball and chill for 1 hour. Once the cookie dough is firm, remove it from the fridge and place between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters. You can remove the excess dough away from the cut outs and just leave the cookies on the parchment paper, then slide onto the baking sheet. Alternatively, you can carefully use a thin turner to transfer the cutout cookies to the parchment lined baking sheet. Any cookie dough you tore away from the cutout, you can form a ball with it and roll out again to make more cookies.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes, until cookies start to firm up, but are still soft. (They won’t darken much, and don’t firm up fully until after they cool.) Remove from the oven and cool completely before moving or adding icing.
- If you want cookies with frosting and sprinkles, make the cream cheese frosting recipe according to the instructions here. You’ll use 2/3 of the entire batch for the cookies. Spread the frosting over the cookies (about 1.5 tsp (7.5 g) per cookie) and top with sprinkles (about 1/4 tsp (1.25 g) per cookie).
Serving size: 1 small cookie
*Nutrition facts do not include optional frosting and sprinkles.