Panera broccoli cheese soup recipe: If you are looking to make a great soup and sandwich for lunch or dinner give this CopyCat Panera Broccoli Soup and the CopyCat Panera Tuna Salad Sandwich a try. You can have Panera Bread at home for a fraction of the cost. CopyCat Recipes are a great way to enjoy your favorite restaurant foods at home. The savings will really add up. Eating out can really break a bunch if done too frequently.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup- Copycat Panera
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen broccoli florets
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups extra sharp shredded cheese.
- extra salt if needed
- In a 6 – 8qt soup pot sauté the onions, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until the onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Let cook for another minute.
- In a small bowl whisk together ¼ flour and 1 cup chicken stock. Pour mixture into the pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the liquid thickens a little bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the chicken stock, coconut milk, cream cheese, and broccoli. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the broccoli and carrots are soft and the cream cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. It’s okay if there are specks of cream cheese during this step. That will be gone after the soup is blended.
- Using a hand blender or regular blender blend the soup until you get the consistency you like. If the soup is too thick then add in more chicken stock until you get the desired consistency.
- Stir in the shredded extra sharp cheddar and parmesan. Stir until the cheese melts. Taste for salt and then serve.
Make the soup completely ahead of time and after it cools portion out into containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Warm up on the store or in the microwave.
Serving size: 1¼ cup Calories: 253 Fat: 17 Saturated fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 13 Fiber: 4 Protein: 12