We agree that stye is painful and irritating. Suffering from these red bumps on the eyelid makes you need to find the best and quick treatment to remove it fast and safe. It is essential to make sure that any treatments you want to take should be safe. Safe is the prior, not the effectiveness. Here are some natural remedies if you want to remove a stye fast.
1. Tea Bags
Soak a washcloth in warm water. After that, apply it over the eyes. Perhaps, you have been using this treatment to deal with a style. But, why do not try to add something more, such s the antioxidants of tea? This is the more effective treatment you should try. You can use black tea or green tea to do it. This is easy because now, everyone has tea at home.
- Boil water and let it cool so you can handle it on your skin.
- Dip your teabag into the water. Apply to the affected eyelid.
- Hold the teabag against the eyelid firmly for 10 minutes.
- Repeat for about 5 times every day.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the health and beauty trend at this time. This is the effective treatment to deal with skin issues, including styles. It contains antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial. Therefore, it can heal your style and reduce the pain.
- Put a half cup of coconut oil into the clean container.
- Wash your hands and face. Once it is dry, apply the small amount of oil to the stye.
- Let it there and sink in, do not wash it off.
- Repeat this treatment as many times as you can. Let the oil has enough time to sink into the skin between your repetitions.
3. Chamomile Leaves
If you have loose leaf chamomile tea at home, you can try this remedy. If you want to try the chamomile leaves but don’t have any and don’t feel comfortable going out with a stye, you can use a regular chamomile tea bag instead.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of chamomile leaves in a cup of hot water (herbal tea should not be added to boiling water)
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and strain
- Take a clean washcloth and dip a corner into the tea water
- Apply to the stye area until the cloth is dry
- Repeat, using a different area of the cloth as many times as you like
- Do not re-use any part of the cloth that has touched the stye
This spice does not only add color and flavor to recipes, but it also takes away inflammation to skin problems such as stye. Turmeric has been used as a healing spice for many years, and it is a very effective and safe way to get rid of a stye. If your stye is too close to your eye to use the paste comfortably, you can make a tea out of the powder instead.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric with enough water, coconut oil or castor oil to make a paste
- Wash your hands, clean the stye with warm water and wash hands again
- Apply the paste to the stye area and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water
- Repeat up to 4 times per day
- Or mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric into 1 cup of hot water and make sure it is cool enough to touch on the skin
- Dip the corner of a clean washcloth into the mixture and apply to the stye area until it is dry
- Repeat, using a clean area of the cloth up to 5 times per day
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to try this stye treatment, any apple cider vinegar will do, but the best choice is Bragg’s, organic apple cider vinegar. ACV is known for being antibacterial and antiseptic, which will help your stye to heal faster.
- Mix 1 part ACV with 2 parts filtered or cooled, boiled water
- Put in fridge to cool for 3 hours
- Apply to the stye area using a clean cloth or makeup pad
- Hold on the stye until the cloth or pad is dry
- Repeat up to 5 times per day
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a very powerful essential oil that has helped many people to eliminate all kinds of skin and fungal issues. This oil will also get rid of a stye, and it can be used on its own or as an addition to any other treatment on this list. If you don’t have tea tree oil at home, this one is worth going out for, even with a stye.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of 100% natural and pure tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of filtered or cooled, boiled water
- Place in fridge to cool for 2 to 3 hours
- Using a clean cloth or makeup pad, apply to the stye area and let it sink into the skin
- Repeat 3 times per day
- If you want to try other remedies on this list along with tea tree oil, just add a few drops of the oil to any other solution
7. Coriander Seeds
Using this spice properly will help to reduce swelling and help your stye to heal faster. It is recommended that you use this treatment along with at least one other on this list, such as a warm compress or tea bags.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Take off the heat and let the seeds soak for an additional 30 minutes
- Strain and let the water cool
- Apply to the stye area with a clean cloth up to 3 times per day