Every month, our hair will grow for about a half an inch. Even though the generic factors can determine the difference, this point does not create a significant difference. What is the formula to speed up the hair growth? Well, there is no evidence based on science. If you see that a YouTuber tells you if you can grow your hair longer by 3 to 4 inches in a few weeks, we are sure that it is only a speculation.
If you see a person seems to have hair to grow faster, it is because this person has thicker hair textures so that the hair grows in higher density. If you want to treat your hair with healthy hair growth nutrients, here are some points to go with.
1. Massage Your Scalp
By massaging your scalp, it will improve the blood circulation in your head. Therefore, it will also stimulate the hair follicles. The more follicles become active; the hair looks longer because you can grow more hair.
There are two ways to massage your scalp. First, you can rub it with essential oils. Second, do the inversion method.
Directions of essential oil massage:
- Prepare either one of these essential oils: peppermint, tea tree oil or lemon oil
- Warm up the oil you prepare
- Massage your scalp with the oil for 20 minutes
- Leave the oil in your hair for another 30 minutes
- Rinse out the oil in the end
Directions of inversion method:
- Sit on a chair and flip your hair over so your head is positioned under your heart
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips for 5 minutes
- Rub the front, back, and sides of your scalp in a circular motion
2. Regular Trimming For The Ends
It seems unreasonable. Nevertheless, it is important to make sure that your hair grows healthily. If the ends of the hair split, it will only entangle each other and die off. Therefore, cutting the little part of your hair will make your hair healthier. Of course, the way you do the trim will determine the look of the split ends.
3. Use Conditioner More Than Shampoo
Many of us shampoo our hair when we shower, thinking that washing away dirt is good for our hair. But shampoo also takes away the natural oils on our head which is essential to keep our hair soft. Our hair will then become drier and weaker.
It’s best to limit the use of shampoo to no more than twice a week. Use conditioner whenever you wash your hair. Conditioner helps repair the damaged particles in your hair and keep it strong.
4. Apply Egg Mask Treatment
Eggs can benefit your hair growth a lot as they contain abundant protein which helps strengthen hair follicles. The rich moisture in the hair mask can protect the hair from becoming dry and thin.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and whisk it until it becomes smooth.
- Pour in the yogurt and whisk it with the egg until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Apply it to your wet hair for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair to rinse out the mask.
5. Don’t Put Your Hair In A Bun Too Often
Don’t have a hair bun too often, or make it too tight when you tie up your hair. Over time structural damage to your hair will cause the fragile strands will break.
Even if you’re not especially fond of this hairstyle, you may like wrapping your hair in your bath towel after your shower. This is as damaging as making a hair bun because your hair will get entangled. When you brush your hair, the fragile strands will be more prone to breaking as well.