Learning new stuff about yourself and others is not just fascinating, it’s entertaining as well. While psychology may be construed as the domain of the likes of psychologists and psychiatrists, there’s no reason why you can’t have the same insight that may teach you a lot about others. Moreover understanding the psychology behind how we and others behave, speak, or act or express themselves is appealing in more ways than one. Here is a cool list of psychology facts that can help you understand human nature better.
- Friendships born in the period between 16 and 18 years of age has a greater potential to be robust and permanent.
- Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%, and this marriage is more likely to last a lifetime.
- Holding the hand of a loved one helps you worry less and feel pain less keenly.
- Women generally prefer men with deep husky voices because they not only sound aggressive they also appear more confident.
Image Source: www.netdna-cdn.com
2 Men and women
- Men are not funnier than women. Men tend to crack more jokes only because they don’t really care whether people like their sense of humor or not.
- Women have twice as many pain receptors on their bodies than men, despite this fact they can tolerate pain on a higher level than men.
- A woman can keep a secret for an average time of 47 hours and 15 minutes
- Those Women who have more male friends are often in a good mood.
Image Source: www.guided-selling.org
3 Intelligence and Advice
- Those people who tend to give more advice are in all probability the ones facing the most problems.
- The smarter a person, the faster his train of thought and the sloppier his handwriting
- People with a strong sense of guilt and conscience are better equipped at understanding other people’s thoughts and feelings.
- Intelligent people usually have fewer friends than the average person. As a person grows smarter, the more selective they become in the choice of friends.
Image Source: www.deccanchronicle.com
- Among amazing psychology facts, giving and receiving good morning and good night text messages activates the part of the brain responsible for happiness. So now you know what to do with your cell phone.
- If you do things that scare you, it will make you happier. As weird as that sounds, it’s true. Perhaps it boosts your confidence and makes you feel good about yourself.
- If you try to keep everyone happy, you often end up feeling the loneliest. Well!! As they say, you can’t please everyone.
- Happier people require less sleep.
- If you listen to high-frequency music, it can make you feel calm, relaxed, and happy.
Image Source: www.huffpost.com
- The way you treat restaurant staff reveals a lot about your character.
- Our emotions don’t affect the way we communicate. In fact, the very opposite is true: the way we communicate has an influence on our mood.
- Shy people don’t speak much about themselves. However they will do this in such a way to make other people feel that they know them very well.
- If two persons are having a conversation and one turns their feet slightly away or keeps moving one foot in an outward direction, this signifies strong disagreement and is a sign the person wants to leave.
Image Source: www.sdbjrfoundation.org
6 People and problems
- If you experience an onrush of thoughts at night and can’t stop it, then write it down. This will ease your mind and help you sleep.
- Being alone for a long time is as unhealthy as smoking 15 cigarettes a day. Well that’s an important psychology fact which we should learn from.
- A person speaking two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities as they alternate from one language to another.
- Travel can increase brain health and decrease your risk of heart disease and depression.
- When people speak about things they are passionate about and most interested in, that’s the time they appear most attractive.
Image Source: www.lovelace-media.imgix.net