This key lime pie recipe is one of my favorite things to make when entertaining as it’s low effort but high impact. The key lime filling comes together in just 10 minutes flat by combining cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream. Once whipped up, these three ingredients take on a rich texture like a cross between a cheesecake and a custard.
- For the graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups (6oz/170g) graham cracker crumbs (or any plain biscuit))
- 3/4 cup (6oz/170g) butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 1 can (14oz/398g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2floz/71ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4floz/115ml) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- zest of 3 limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for decorating
- Prepare the graham cracker crust by mixing the melted butter with the graham crumbs until you’ve reached the texture of wet sand.
- Transfer the crust mixture into your GoodCook Non-Stick 9 Inch Pie Pan and press down using your fingertips. Use a small bowl or cup to push the crumbs up the side of the tin. This will form an even crust. Once the graham mixture has been pressed into the tin place in the fridge to set for roughly 30 minutes. Note: If you want to be able to remove your pie from the dish to serve then line your pie tin with 2 layers of cling wrap. This will ensure you can easily remove the pie crust from the tin.
- While the crust is setting make the key lime filling: First juice 1/2 cup of fresh limes using the GoodCook Zester/Juicer.
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese, condensed milk, whipping cream, lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla. Whip for roughly 4-5 minutes until it firms up. Don’t worry if your mix is not really firm as it will set up in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge and fill with the filling mixture. Return to the fridge and allow to set for a minimum of 5 hours but preferably overnight. As there is no setting agent, it needs a long time in the fridge.
- Once set, fit a GoodCook piping bag with a nozzle then fill with whipped cream. For this, I suggest using the Sweet Creations Cupcake Decorating Kit (12 Pieces). Decorate your pie with whipped cream and slices of lime and enjoy!
- This pie can be kept covered and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.